Chronic Inflammation is the precursor to all chronic illness from IBS to arthrithis, cardiovascular risk, diabetes, cancer and Alzheimer's.
It is imperative that you control possible inflammation in your body. Three main factors lie behind chronic inflammation.: An imbalance in your gut microbiome, chemicals in your body and an emzyme called Cox-2, which is present in every cell of your body.
Report: Chronic Inflammation and cancer (although it could apply to any chronic illness!)
There are a number of ways each of us can reduce inflammation - better to do it before you become ill, but essential once you have a chronic illness.
1. Heal Your Gut - give yourself a HUG. Your gut can cause you to be ill (even affecting the brain) and you cannot get better until it gets better. It can be a major source of inflammatory chemicals - so read here how to Heal Your Gut
2. Kick chemicals of concern out of your life. The problem is far worse than you could imagine. Chemicals in everyday products can poison your gut, change your hormones and affect your DNA - See here how to Clean up your Life with toxin-free everyday products.
3. Exercise - one of the biggest factors causing Cox-2 to produce inflammation in your body is Cortisol, the stress hormone. This is neutralised by endorphins (happy hormones) when you exercise. Really good is yoga. Read here the benefits of exercise and how exercise is a powerful drug.
4. Eat a Rainbow Diet - the colourful Mediterranean Diet have been proven to reduce inflammation in the body, and greatly reduce the risks of 11 chronic illnesses. Read here about how the Rainbow Diet beats 11 chronic illnesses.
5. Avoid mass-market red meat and cows’ dairy – if it hasn’t grown up freely running around the meat can contain inflammation-causing factors. Cows’ dairy consumption causes inflammatory bacteria to dominate in the gut within 24 hours.
6. Take Fish oils - very anti-inflammatory, in the gut and in calming Cox-2
7. Go in the sun every day of your life. If you cannot, supplement with vitamin D. It is anti-inflammatory in the gut and reduces the risk and effects of many illnesses.
8. Take Curcumin - another major anti-inflammatory compound. Best with olive oil and piperine (Black Pepper) to improve absorption and effectiveness.
9. Incorporate ginger, garlic and chicken soup (if made over a 5 hour period) into your diet. All control inflammation - the soup contains analgesics released from the bones
10. Control your insulinlevels by changing the way you eat. Insulin is a driver of inflammation - so eat no empty carb foods like cake, biscuits, ice cream, fizzy soft drinks, bought fruit juices and smoothies, sweet puddings, refined honey. AND don't eat the big meal when you come in from work - GRAZE. Eat 5 - 6 small meals a day.
11. Avoid Drugs, especially steroids, antibiotics and Proton Pump Inhibitors.
12. But take a small aspirin- 75-81 mg. Only if you have no heart, blood system or blood pressure problems. It controls inflammation in the body according to a huge volume of research.
13. Be wise - use Frankinsence. The essential oil of the Magi rubbed into the wrists, or Boswelia under the tongue. Healing and calming.
14. Sleep well. In a darkened room with no Electromagnetic fields or man-made light. If you don't or can’t, take melatonin. An antioxidant and a natural inflammation calmer, it is why sleep is so healing.
15. Avoid pesticides and herbicides whenever possible – they cause untold damage and are cumulative, rendering Government ‘safe’ limits irrelevant.